Children's Pastor Job Description
Port Orange Christian Church
Children’s Pastor (Birth – 5th Grade)
Job Description Hours: (Full-Time)
Approximately 40+ hours per week
Start Date of January 1, 2021
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Be a member in good standing.
3. A desire to teach and mentor young people with patience and an accepting heart.
4. Have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip children for the spiritual battle they are in.
- Support the overall ministry of Port Orange Christian Church by leading young people and their families to follow Jesus.
- Encourage and equip parents to develop a Biblical worldview in their children.
- Promote Scripture reading, study and memorizing, prayer, and personal Bible reading.
- To teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Biblical based life style among the children.
Responsible to the Elders of POCC, working directly under the supervision of the Executive Pastor. The position will be evaluated annually.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsibility to provide the oversight and leadership of Children’s Ministries that include: Weekend, Mid-Week, Nursery, Toddlers, Preschool, Elementary, Children’s Church, Special Events, Vacation Bible School, Camp, etc.
- Oversee the setup and operation of all related Children’s Ministry environments on Sunday morning including check-in, individual children’s environments, security, check out, setup and tear down.
- Adapt and prepare curriculum for Children’s Ministry.
- Invite, train and empower volunteers to provide leadership within the Children’s Ministry. Recruit, background check, train, pray for, and involve new ministry volunteers. Follow up with people that indicate interest in volunteering with Children’s Ministry.
- Maintain a monthly volunteer schedule that is available/sent to volunteers.
- Create and effectively manage the Children’s Ministry’s budget.
- Maintain the Children’s Ministry environment, rooms, cabinets, and resources.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership. Oversee communication between the church, children, and families. Provide resources for parents and families as needed.
- Communicate weekly and meet monthly with Children’s Ministry leaders in order to build ownership and equip them to lead other volunteers.
- Create systems and events to thank and appreciate Children’s Ministry Volunteers.
- Create and/or maintain a Children’s Ministry “brand” within Port Orange Christian Church, including a name, theme, décor, graphics, website, etc.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Should always exhibit professionalism demonstrated by a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support the local church and her mission.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Port Orange Christian Church and always protect the unity of the church.